generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Vick's Workthread - MA GamesArt

* * * * - 9 votes

• You cannot reply to this topic
736 replies to this topic

Vick

Vick

Victor Gaza

• 1,071 posts

• Work Thread

Heh yea i`m kinda craving an extra finger but as gloves have been modeled from 10 milion tris and decimated , and the body and all that considered final, i won't get back to it since it`ll take me another 8 hours :D) and i`ll go mentally ill ... i`ve corrected as much as I can , need to sum it up and start texturing soon or i`ll go insane ...
but yea, 4 fingers would have been cooler :cool: as for finger size, thought to make them equal for better clinch , it used to be smaller but came up like that ;) i`m kinda pissed now that it's not easy to add another finger but eff it :)) NO MORE !!! i want to start his weaomn, and a new character, and a few environments, oh and props , AND DRAW !! I MISS DRAWING :)))) so yea all good things must comes to an endz

here`s the decimated objects btw

Attached File  PROGRES3.jpg   252.24KB   1 downloads
Attached File  progres2.jpg   162.64KB   1 downloads

Murderdoll

Murderdoll

Gap Year

• 454 posts
I will give you a tiny hint about the finger -

Dynamesh :cool:

Vick

Vick

Victor Gaza

• 1,071 posts

• Work Thread

HELP ... what if I decimated everything right ? And they don't have any other lower subdivision levels ... can I generate some random subd levels automatically randomly so it can low res it while i move? As now I have a 6 milion poly mesh with no lower subdiv levels right , so when i move it around it frames it like crazy :) Or is retopoing the only solution ?

Attached File  progress5.jpg   168.06KB   8 downloads

Liviu Berechet

Liviu Berechet

Trusted Member

• 282 posts

HELP ... what if I decimated everything right ? And they don't have any other lower subdivision levels ... can I generate some random subd levels automatically randomly so it can low res it while i move? As now I have a 6 milion poly mesh with no lower subdiv levels right , so when i move it around it frames it like crazy :happy: Or is retopoing the only solution ?

Attached File  progress5.jpg   168.06KB   8 downloads

Not sure if you need the low poly mesh to bake the details or for posing the model

For posing:

U are using maya right? Well.. you can do it in max just as easy...
Get a very very low poly mesh (use decimate or even model it from scratch), rig it and than use wrap tool to drive the hipoly mash

PS: when I say low I mean cylinders with 8 faces for the arms and legs are good enough

For baking:

Re-typologising is the only real option... decimate is quite bad for baking.
If you want everything to be quads Topogun might be the best option.
If you need it for games (so tris everywhere) I would just do it in maya if you never used topogun before... you'll get it done in a few hrs.

:)

Edited by Liviu Berechet, 22 January 2012 - 10:27 PM.

Rich D

Rich D

Trusted Member

• 449 posts
I watched a video of the gnomon master classes and he dynameshed his body so had no subd levels. So he made a simple zsphere model and got it about near the shape and used project all i think. needs a little clean up but his rule was to do everything to 60 percent, that way nothings unchangable.
hope that helps
oo and have you tried out 3d coat. all the badasses at work use it and its super easy and has an option where you can draw out your polys. I learnt it about 2 hours and im an idiot.

Vick

Vick

Victor Gaza

• 1,071 posts

• Work Thread

A little update for now, will post more text and 2d stuff soon, i`m just too tired at the moment, but after 1 week of topogun, this is pretty much the result, the first LOD level will be around 20k the 2nd LOD will be around 12-15k and the 3rd at around maybe 6-7k. Topology so far is a bit dense, i`ll clean it up some more after bake so i don't get any distorsion in normal map.

Any suggestions or such are kindly and sincerely appreciated :) I so proud this is coming up to smth, invested too much time in it already :))

Attached File  ShowMeAroundBiatch.jpg   486.24KB   62 downloads

Edited by Vick, 03 March 2012 - 07:40 PM.

Gheromo

Gheromo

• 505 posts
  • Company: Guerrilla Games Cambridge
Brilliant work :) cant wait to see it with textures and well lit!

Vick

Vick

Victor Gaza

• 1,071 posts

• Work Thread

So i've pretty much retopoed and reprojected everything but the head, took me around 8 hours yesterday to figure out a way how to project with no distrorsions and such, by God zbrush is the most amazing woman i've ever met, and by woman i mean software ...

Here's the final outcome, the only visual error I have is behind the belt and under the boot which don't really matter, but being an absolute idiot i`ll prolly reproject the boot and waste 2,3 hours for nothing but yea ...

Texturing next ... any suggestions on color swatches and or texture style would be awesome as I feel color is my least trained thing. So yea if you have any cool ideas about colors lemme know :D

p.s. how do I post a big image here not those invisilble useless thumbnails ?
p.s. 2 i realised I haven't showed the boot yet so here`s an older print of the boot as well :)

Attached File  ZGrab01a.jpg   414.67KB   117 downloads

boot stuffs
Attached File  ZGrab01.jpg   154.9KB   103 downloads

rob_otics

rob_otics

Rob

• 993 posts
  • Company: Rocksteady.Ltd
get it in marmoset pronto man. LOOKS SICK

Vick

Vick

Victor Gaza

• 1,071 posts

• Work Thread

Thank you Igor and Rob :D I can't wait to texture him as for display, i`m gonna go all out and UDK him with some proper materials and all that, but right now I need to finish the head and backpack, retopo it quick and start texturing like a mofo :))

I tried to add a NON similar gears of war backpack, no function but I kinda like it, It'll kill most of my poly count as I won't bake it as I want it separate from the anatomy (upper body so I can display both anato work and hard surface texturing separately, hope it works.

Any tips are highly appreciated guys and thanks for the kind words :*

Attached File  ZGrab01ab.jpg   216.28KB   89 downloads

Kiyam

Kiyam

Need more practice

• 416 posts
This is looking epicly amazing. Love the detail you put into the gloves. Cant wait to see it finished!! Go go vicky!

Vick

Vick

Victor Gaza

• 1,071 posts

• Work Thread

Quick update, any tips ?Just base colors still needs color variation , any other tips and suggestions besides that please are v welcomed :D

Attached File  but.jpg   348.92KB   86 downloads

Alex

Alex

Uber Poster

• 1,149 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:lordsarum
awsome stuff dude, i would think it would look bit cooler if u make the botom rubber dark but its just my taste :) awsome

Mwilde

Mwilde

• 579 posts

• Work Thread

• Company: MPC
Looks really nice Vick, really like the steel toe cap. Only thing that sticks out to me is the texture you've used on the side. I can't really tell what it is, it either looks like leather, which doesn't quite go with the style of the boot in my opinion, or stone. Maybe make it a bit more obvious what the material is, you could always use the same colour and texture as you have used for the front of the boot. Anyway, your work is looking really awesome :) Nice one!

Vick

Vick

Victor Gaza

• 1,071 posts

• Work Thread

Yea man you're right, the little patches don't quite look leathery, i`ve tweaked them some more but wanna finish the 1st phase of texturing, and will add more texture and color variation and darkening certain areas in photoshop via ZAPPLINK after i`m done with the color blockin.

Here's progress so far, I plan to finish it by tomorrow morning at 7 :)) (the color blockin ofcourse)

p.s This is just polypaint, not mapped yet

Attached File  ZGrab0aa1.jpg   261.29KB   116 downloadsAttached File  pretyme.JPG   131.77KB   138 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk