generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Dave Nolan's Work Thread

* * * * - 8 votes

• You cannot reply to this topic
550 replies to this topic

ColonelMoore

ColonelMoore

• 631 posts
  • Company: The Creative Assembly
I've decided to join the crowd and make a work thread for all my stuff.

This is something I've been working on the past couple of days - an M1A1 Thompson submachine gun, which is currently sitting at 1918 polys. Comments and crit welcome lolooooo

Posted Image

s_purs

s_purs

Environment Artist

• 4,566 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:B1adefire
  • Company: Lionhead, Microsoft
I'm not a fan of the red blotches on the wood texture- particularly on the front handle. It may be from a real wood texture but my eye is drawn straight to that part and I find it distracting.

edit: I like the wear and tear on the metal texture, but if the edges of the metal was that worn down then the wood edges would be more worn, and have chips/marks on them

Nice work on the rest of it though

Edited by s_purs, 19 December 2010 - 09:20 AM.

ColonelMoore

ColonelMoore

• 631 posts

I'm not a fan of the red blotches on the wood texture- particularly on the front handle. It may be from a real wood texture but my eye is drawn straight to that part and I find it distracting.

edit: I like the wear and tear on the metal texture, but if the edges of the metal was that worn down then the wood edges would be more worn, and have chips/marks on them

Nice work on the rest of it though

I see what you mean. Since it's intended to be a wartime weapon I was really trying to make it look like it had taken some sh*t, so I think you're right that the wood texture needs similar treatment.

Also, I hadn't noticed the red blotches, but now that youve mentioned it, it keeps screaming out at me lolooooo Crits noted, I shall look into addressing them, thanks.

AlexSpeed

AlexSpeed

Spood

• 572 posts
  • Wii Number:N/A
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:N/A
  • Company: N/A
Looking really nice dave, from looking at the actual gun you've stayed really faithful to its design. Good modeling and texturing man lolooooo

Edited by AlexSpeed, 19 December 2010 - 09:48 AM.

ColonelMoore

ColonelMoore

• 631 posts
OK, I've made several tweaks to the gun. I removed the red blotching, darkened up the wood texture to a more realistic level, added some fading on the wood in areas with lots of contact with the shooter, and added some areas of small chipping to the wood. I also darkened the metal texture slightly, and significantly darkened the metal of the magazine; this is almost always the case in real life, as magazines are usually older or newer than the gun itself.

Anyway, here it is, tweaks and all, please let me know what you think, or how else I could improve it lolooooo

Posted Image

Edited by ColonelMoore, 19 December 2010 - 06:23 PM.

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,456 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
Looks much better now. The only thing I'd do (very minor) would be to blur the reflection in the floor surface, it's very CG sharp.

mike

mike

• 236 posts
put on the strap holders

reference for adding damage to m1a1
Posted Image

joshuacurtis

joshuacurtis

Alumni

• 614 posts
  • Company: The Mill
Yeah looking good Dave keep it up. Huge improvement.

Could stick it in the bizzare scene if you wanted it too look like an old war setting.

ColonelMoore

ColonelMoore

• 631 posts
Quick update, I've added the strap holders, chipped into the wood a little more, and tweaked the colour of the faded areas of wood. I also played a little with the material settings for the ground plane, and gave it a bit of blur.

Posted Image

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,456 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
Worth the extra effort, well done lolooooo

Spaceman360

Spaceman360

• 664 posts
Nice work Dave, I'd put a normwal map in that shows scratches on the wooden parts (or if you have one, crank up the map so it shows the scratches more) lolooooo

Aldarion

Aldarion

It's a me, Mario.

• 4,118 posts
  • Company: Lola
Some ugly butterflies in there, but otherwise really nice, especially after the change.

ColonelMoore

ColonelMoore

• 631 posts
OK, I've cranked up the wood chip/scratch normal map as sam suggested, and I've also lightened the colour of the wood in those areas to simulate chipping through to unvarnished wood. What do you guys think? Thanks for all the comments and crit by the way :)

Posted Image

Edited by ColonelMoore, 20 December 2010 - 10:29 PM.

LittleClaude

LittleClaude

Uber Poster

• 6,276 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:LittleClaude
Front :)

Wires plz

Attached Files

Aldarion

Aldarion

It's a me, Mario.

• 4,118 posts
  • Company: Lola
You can sitll see the mirroring on the textures, on the wooden parts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk