generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Tim's 3D Workshop

* * * * - 5 votes

• You cannot reply to this topic
424 replies to this topic

Timek9

Timek9

Modeling & Texturing TD

• 1,134 posts

• Work Thread

• Company: MPC
Thought i'd make my own little space on here, as there is going to be a lot of work set and it would be nice and tidy to arrange it in one place :D so to start things off, here is one foot and some of the preliminary shin/ calf area, from which im making a male character (adult). mostly looking for crit on the foot itself, but the more feedback the better. not so hot on organic modeling, so any tips and things to watch out for would be great to hear. Trying to use my own foot for reference and looking online - never modeled sitting in such an odd position! :p

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

cheeers

Edited by Timek9, 02 February 2011 - 02:03 PM.

s_purs

s_purs

Environment Artist

• 4,566 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:B1adefire
  • Company: Lionhead, Microsoft
I dont know why, but those toes look like fingers to me. Maybe there is too much space between them?

Timek9

Timek9

Modeling & Texturing TD

• 1,134 posts

• Work Thread

I dont know why, but those toes look like fingers to me. Maybe there is too much space between them?

i was thinking the same, was quite distracting. we, as a class were given the front half of the foot as a base to make the rest of the foot and subsequently the rest of the character but i think i'll definitely have to work into the front half of the foot, thanks!

Edited by Timek9, 02 February 2011 - 02:59 PM.

Gheromo

Gheromo

• 505 posts
  • Company: Guerrilla Games Cambridge
Good point about the toes.

Rich D

Rich D

Trusted Member

• 449 posts
I quite like the toes but yeah theyre a bit long and looks as if theyve only got two parts which is right for the big toe. Heel is too thin. ankles should go high on the inside and more towards the front and low on the outside and more towards the back. Is that a skeleton in the background? good idea.
i sound like a zbrush promo boy but you got to take this into zbrush, not just to add skin details but for exploring shapes.
nice start tho good luck

Timek9

Timek9

Modeling & Texturing TD

• 1,134 posts

• Work Thread

I quite like the toes but yeah theyre a bit long and looks as if theyve only got two parts which is right for the big toe. Heel is too thin. ankles should go high on the inside and more towards the front and low on the outside and more towards the back. Is that a skeleton in the background? good idea.
i sound like a zbrush promo boy but you got to take this into zbrush, not just to add skin details but for exploring shapes.
nice start tho good luck

perfect, thanks :D

gonna do some more experiments and see how i get on.

Timek9

Timek9

Modeling & Texturing TD

• 1,134 posts

• Work Thread

more progress:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rich D

Rich D

Trusted Member

• 449 posts
that topology around the achillies(spelling) is gonna be a nightmare in zbrush. 5 siders are bad but 6 are really bad. You need more achillies and push the fibula further towards the front.
If this is a basemesh for you to use inside of zrush/mudbox you are going to run into problems. sculpting will be difficult youll end up moving the ankle topology around to fit where the ankle should be. pinching everywhere. youll end up with a dodgy normal map. and probably a model that looks like its been modelled in maya with some skin detail done in zbrush. Not good.
Somebody break the mould, make a really basic mesh with as few 5 pointers as you need. think you may have to have 6 pointers around the fingers and toes, im not sure. then take it into zbrush and retopo it after. This is killing me watching this yet again. The amount of time wasted modelling in maya you could be doing the actually important part of making that foot look like a foot.

http://www.tutoriali...-Modeling/36296

floorpeas

floorpeas

-= CryHelper =-

• 1,636 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:floorpeas
  • Company: Frontier Developments
I think the issue with the toes is that toes arent flat. They kinda crunch to reach the floor and provide ballance. Yours seem to be almost straight out.

Timek9

Timek9

Modeling & Texturing TD

• 1,134 posts

• Work Thread

that topology around the achillies(spelling) is gonna be a nightmare in zbrush. 5 siders are bad but 6 are really bad. You need more achillies and push the fibula further towards the front.
If this is a basemesh for you to use inside of zrush/mudbox you are going to run into problems. sculpting will be difficult youll end up moving the ankle topology around to fit where the ankle should be. pinching everywhere. youll end up with a dodgy normal map. and probably a model that looks like its been modelled in maya with some skin detail done in zbrush. Not good.
Somebody break the mould, make a really basic mesh with as few 5 pointers as you need. think you may have to have 6 pointers around the fingers and toes, im not sure. then take it into zbrush and retopo it after. This is killing me watching this yet again. The amount of time wasted modelling in maya you could be doing the actually important part of making that foot look like a foot.

http://www.tutoriali...-Modeling/36296

Thanks for the link. will try and fix the poles as soon as i can find a solution!

I think the issue with the toes is that toes arent flat. They kinda crunch to reach the floor and provide ballance. Yours seem to be almost straight out.

I see what you mean, hadnt realised this at all.

thanks for all the feedback, guys - genuinley helps :D

Timek9

Timek9

Modeling & Texturing TD

• 1,134 posts

• Work Thread

updates time. still unsure as to what type of character i want to create, but i know that i dont want to make the generic gladiator/ soldier that i keep seeing on 3d sites. was thinking about something like a foreign police officer, builder/ maintenance or perhaps an executive banker? anyway here's where i'm at. appoligies for the poor wireframe render - made the tragic mistake of using a map.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

crit crit crit

Edited by Timek9, 07 February 2011 - 09:32 PM.

osuoa

osuoa

• 513 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Osuoa
Looking good though the hump on the foot is too prominent
Attached File  Untitled.jpg   89.62KB   0 downloads
ref:
Posted Image

Timek9

Timek9

Modeling & Texturing TD

• 1,134 posts

• Work Thread

noted, cheers. decided to spent some time on the clothing/ concept of my character before i finish the torso and upper body. decided to go with either a gangster/ man in a suit, will decide later its late. some possible clothes - will do more later :D

Posted Image

Edited by Timek9, 07 February 2011 - 11:28 PM.

zefee

zefee

Trusted Member

• 437 posts

Looking good though the hump on the foot is too prominent
Attached File  Untitled.jpg   89.62KB   0 downloads
ref:
Posted Image

Not to take the mick, but you put reference for the opposite side of the foot, lol, I don't actually think the area you pointed out is that wrong, as all people have different sized arches etc.

osuoa

osuoa

• 513 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Osuoa
lol oops, copy and pasted the wrong image
yea it's not necessarily that wrong - just the thing I found most noticeable.

Edited by osuoa, 08 February 2011 - 12:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk