generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

okk, its time.

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
69 replies to this topic

Total novice?

Total novice?

Connor

• 250 posts
  • Company: Foster & Partners
okk so i think now that I've signed my life away to the vfx pathway its time to crack on with a work dev thread to note down the projects and progression i make.. hopefully
ive already started a blogg website - check ittbut this one's 3dhit exclusive :)
so as far as vfx goes i'm as the user name states but will be looking for all critt when applicable. first update soon :D

k888tie

k888tie

I am Kate...hear me roar! :D

• 1,050 posts
  • Company: Producer at Animated Storyboards
I'd remove your address...don't want weirdo internety people stalking you....

Total novice?

Total novice?

Connor

• 250 posts
right well to start it all off this here's an attempt at a matt paint, i know its not finished but im looking for critt on what makes a good paint as this is an area i want to excel in

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,365 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
The perspective is wrong on the factory/refinery part - it does not look like it is part of the area. Did you draw a perspective grid before starting the painting? Also the scale of the refinery is wrong - the foreground shed is a known scale to us, the refinery is obviously menat to be a lot further back but it is far too large if we assume the shed is the correct scale. Also the shed looks a bit low res and blurry. This is a good stab at a first matte painting, but if you can;t draw them in perspective as line work and then paint over, try making a low polygon mesh of correct scale, and then paint over that and use camera projections. I'll be teaching you these techniques in semester A if that helps.

Total novice?

Total novice?

Connor

• 250 posts
attempt 2

ive had a bit of a move around and tried to set the refinery into the scene a bit better, adjusting the scale as well as removing the shed because of blurriness
look forward to learning more about it in sem a :)

Moid

Moid

• 14,365 posts
That's better. However you can now think about the tall mountain top left because it is very dark and lacks aeriual perspective (as things recede away from us the dark regions (especially) become more blue and somewhat lighter). The shadows on the refinery are very grey - look at the blueness of the shadows on hte mountains - they won't be that blue, but there will be some tint - the refinery looks very desaturated at present. You also need to think about a focal point - the refinery is mid grey mostly so is of little interest ot the eye. the areas of high contrast are numerous and scattered about the image without consideration for a strong focal point (very important).

Total novice?

Total novice?

Connor

• 250 posts
well, todays intention was to start a work thread, however i already had? Bad badddd memory. Any way, thort ide make a post just to promote the blog have been faithfull to that i try to post on most days. Connorpaterson.co.uk leave a coment if you have an crit and il try to post here more often :)

Total novice?

Total novice?

Connor

• 250 posts
So i really wanted to get back on the concept/matte paint train so here's something im working on currently

just from a sketch so far, just blocking out the shapes and light source, crit welcome as always, thanks.

Attached Files

• Attached File  001.png   232.46KB   2 downloads

Moid

Moid

• 14,365 posts
Is the foreground wall lying on flat ground? If so, your perspective is broken.

At the moment this is just a perspective exercise - there's nothing in it to tell us what the subject is, what the mood is, where this is, what culture, what time etc - there's no obvious focal point either. You need to explain this, add some reference images, or better still paint stuff so we can see what you intend.

Total novice?

Total novice?

Connor

• 250 posts
yeah i think its fair to say its a pretty vague post,

the darker colour at the bottom of the image is going to be water and the lighter patch about it a water pipe

im going for a fenced of slum, in a sence a kind of quarantined area

reference..

Attached Files

Edited by Total novice?, 10 August 2011 - 11:30 PM.

Total novice?

Total novice?

Connor

• 250 posts
and the rough sketch i came up with which im working from..

Attached Files

Total novice?

Total novice?

Connor

• 250 posts
Shocking how much i haven't posted compared to the other 2nd years :/

Anwayss...

He's what where I'm up to with the hard surface modeling, film based corner scene.
Currently looking to do something old, derelict and abandoned, simply because a little while ago I was thinking of heading out to Lillesdon school for girls with a camera over summer, but sadly didn't manage it :)
So instead I checked it out online and found some pretty cool shots as reference, ( http://www.28dayslat...ad.php?t=65063)
and the scene i chose that would relate is a sequence from silent hill, ( the shoddy film homage to the game?) where she is running around an old school looking for her daughter, if i remember rightly? A handful of shots are filmed in some of the classes so that's what I plan on basing it all around :)

A few screen shots

_

_

_

Attached Files

Edited by Total novice?, 10 October 2011 - 03:05 PM.

Total novice?

Total novice?

Connor

• 250 posts
Started on the modeling and here's where I'm up to so far..
been using the link i posted earlier like a mad man as the locations, buildings, furniture etc are exactly what i need for this kind of styled projected i think. I know its not much to comment on just yet but would be nice to know what people think :)

_

Attached Files

Total novice?

Total novice?

Connor

• 250 posts
_

Attached Files

Moid

Moid

• 14,365 posts
Structure looks good, the lighting from the film should work make it look pretty impressive - you might need a larger area if you want to get strong volumetrics (the effect increase with distance) if you're considering reality that is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk