generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Still Falls the Rain - a film by Miguel Santana

• You cannot reply to this topic
256 replies to this topic

Miguel

Miguel

Probably posts too much.

• 2,426 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Silent Alibi
Thanks, guys,

Here, how does this one feel:

I think the reason it felt so odd was because the focal lenghts didn't match on fg and bg, this should be closer to the real thing. Also, I planar-tracked the bg rather than a two-point track I had before, then used a slight multiply expression on the output cornerpin values to fake-offset it into the z-axis.

Sol

Sol

arty/geeky

• 4,170 posts
  • Company: rewindfx.com
much better....
being annoying.... theres a slight roto error on the right hand side of the helmet just at the start...

Miguel

Miguel

Probably posts too much.

• 2,426 posts
Yup, someone else caught that one too. on it :)

Aldarion

Aldarion

It's a me, Mario.

• 4,117 posts
  • Company: Lola
Focus puller to the rescue.
Aren't the particles floating in the air too big ?

Miguel

Miguel

Probably posts too much.

• 2,426 posts
Here's another little update.

This is a pretty quick WIP, only started it after lunchtime today. Just been looking at it all day, so don't really know what I'm looking at anymore haha.

It's a greenscreen shot, the two versions are just one without the fire & smoke.

Password: stanley

/> type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="360">

Things I'm aware of: the glistening eyes, some keying improvements needed, more work on the lightwrap stuff etc. Also, beware of the shit grade and vimeo's very kind darkening of videos.

But overall, how does that feel to you guys? Which version do you prefer?

Edited by Miguel, 09 March 2012 - 12:37 AM.

AdamOstridge

AdamOstridge

• 549 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:UberPsyX
I think the background may be a little too out of focus? There's a definite separation of the character and background and with it all being the same level of blur it's looking pretty flat. Regards the with or without I'm going to be awkward and say in between; the with looks like too much but without lacks the drama it provides, maybe try less fire? Out of the two though I'd say without. :)

Gheromo

Gheromo

• 505 posts
  • Company: Guerrilla Games Cambridge
I prefer one without fire, it feels like its a bit distracting.

kull222

kull222

Hahaha...Men!

• 1,971 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:kull222
the flame one looks better miguel. actually for thuis it could depened on the mood of the music if majorly loud and ramtic the flame one, if the music be very soft and depressing and slow then the other? and damn was just about to post about the flickering eyes on the flame shot lol. oh well looking alright mannnnnnnn.

DigitalSalmon

DigitalSalmon

3D Y3 | DigiSalmon

• 1,019 posts

• Work Thread

You appear to have set his right shoulder on fire in the second one. Need to defocus that smoke over his right shoulder :p

UpGrAdE

UpGrAdE

As you think, so shall you become.

• 474 posts
I prefer the one with the fire it adds more "emotion" into the shot.

Alex

Alex

Uber Poster

• 1,149 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:lordsarum
i prefer without fire to , fire is amazing, but something about it:,i think the reason is that fire is on only 1 side, perhaps if you would add fire on the other side as well it would look better, but other then that its freaking amazing :D

BOWNSTER

BOWNSTER

Animator

• 917 posts
  • Company: Sony
With FIRE!

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,436 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
The fire distracts from his face, and if this shot is the one where he is witnessing his own house on fire, I would project the fire glow onto his face and not the background and keep that dark and moody, and then cut to the next shot showing the burning house... or have I got the wrong shot?

Miguel

Miguel

Probably posts too much.

• 2,426 posts
No, that's right Martin : )

In the fire version, it does have some fire casting some light on his face, just probably too much fire behind him to notice. I'll see how it feels on the fire-free version, probably try and do it a bit more nicely.

Ahh a lot of mixed opinions, but I do think I'll take the fire out. As martin said, there's a wide shot from behind him where the house is burning in front of him almost straight after, that'll be the big epic shot out of these two.

Either way, also been messing around with the camera and background placement/scale, something definitely doesn't work. Had this problem on other shots before, it's really hard to judge how a background should sit behind him when it's just the greenscreen behind on the footage haha. Tomorrow I'll drag the girlfriend out into a street, match the focal length and angle and use that as reference :D

Should be able to make more progress after the weekend

Edited by Miguel, 10 March 2012 - 12:49 AM.

Con

Con

• 562 posts
  • Company: Freelance Compositor-PF
I really like the light on his face in the second one, picks his face out from the noisy background, but the fire draws focus back, definitely keep the light on his face though, just a reference scene which could be useful:

http://youtu.be/zPAMCAkbwEs?t=20s

Edited by Con, 10 March 2012 - 11:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk