generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

huang's portfolio & reel

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

babala

babala

• 19 posts
hi everyone, I'm graduating from games arts, hopfully . never post anythings before, too busy to struggling with my new life in the Uk,. but here i'm. :D thanks everyone who help me, btw.

my website http://huang-3d.blogspot.com/

the reel of my project

Edited by babala, 14 September 2011 - 06:29 PM.

RandomViper41

RandomViper41

Mark

• 643 posts
  • Company: Rushes
its nice to see your work up here xiaochun, I remember seeing the Trafalgar square seen half done at plowman craven and it was looking great back then : ] Well done with your work and all the best for applying for jobs back home (you said you intended to travel back home from what I remember?! ha) - Mark

spider black

spider black

• 624 posts
  • Wii Number:spider black
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:spider black x
  • Company: Dynamic CG
Fame rate is a bit iffy but i guess that's from the game engine? apart from that great environments you have, also the sky does look flat @ every angle. it doesn't feel like a sky dome! maybe get a dome image and stick that i there.

very nice work overall

babala

babala

• 19 posts

its nice to see your work up here xiaochun, I remember seeing the Trafalgar square seen half done at plowman craven and it was looking great back then : ] Well done with your work and all the best for applying for jobs back home (you said you intended to travel back home from what I remember?! ha) - Mark

hi, mark :D long time no see... yeap, i want to go back to china for the chinese new year,but not for job. really homesick sometimes.
need to get a job for my travel fee first. or another option, walk back home :blush:

babala

babala

• 19 posts

Fame rate is a bit iffy but i guess that's from the game engine? apart from that great environments you have, also the sky does look flat @ every angle. it doesn't feel like a sky dome! maybe get a dome image and stick that i there.

very nice work overall

thanks, :D
the iffy frame rate... i think it because I speed up camera movement to save some rendering time, and reduce the speed when I edit it. seems I need to redump the screenshots sometime. and the sky is the only thing I drag from UDK package. conclusion, not good for being lazy

osuoa

osuoa

• 513 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Osuoa
Beautiful work :D

Jestersheepy

Jestersheepy

Woopy Wooperson

• 568 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Jester sheepy
  • Company: The Creative Assembly
Looks very nice, but I dont think the video does the environment justice. I would personally say, re-render that out when you can as it's far too choppy. It also looks like you have scaled the UDK window bigger without adjusting the resolution (Lower quality viewing).
I would reccomend putting in fog and some ambient occlusion and perhaps even a very low skylight. Changing the skydome going hand in hand with the fog will make this look a lot nicer.

Looks like very nice texturing and modelling though, which is the important thing.

babala

babala

• 19 posts
updated version of my showreel
still trying to redo the trafalger square
waiting for the feedback :)

LittleClaude

LittleClaude

Uber Poster

• 6,265 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:LittleClaude
Hi,

That is looking very good now, just a few frame drops here and there and the Tank needs an overhaul. Please get rid of the odd thing at the start industry will just switch it off there.

Johnny depp's nose is too fat and he needs a lot more work, just get a photo of him and keep working into it until they match.

The naked male character is very odd looking? Not stylized or real but somewhere in the middle, drop the textured version and use just the zbrush render.

Hope that helps, take it or leave it.

Attached Images

• johnny_depp.jpg
  • Capture.JPG

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,436 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
Yes definitely get rid of the weird crystal thing that makes no sense (like I told you on Friday). And also add in some low poly grey boxes to look like building silhouettes and to fill up the background and stop us from seeing the horizon. Try to get the water bump map to animate if you can, it looks really weird when it doesn't move.

babala

babala

• 19 posts
thanks, Neil and Martin, :) gonna get rid of jack sparrow from my reel, and the crystal thing and some of flying paper. i was trying to fill up the gap. but UDK doesn't work properly on my laptop. going to the lab tomorrow to get it done.

babala

babala

• 19 posts
finnal verstion of my reel. yeah :)

LittleClaude

LittleClaude

Uber Poster

• 6,265 posts
That's looking much better. Maybe some showcards at the start? this will show the tank off nice and early.

The only thing that is missing is a simple finished high quality model such as a couple of assets. There are some online tests that you can do. While I think you have ticked the boxes for quantity I can see they might be worried about quality, poly counts, texture layout and so on.

Here are some examples
http://www.splashdamage.com/envarttest
http://www.unknownworlds.com/art_test

I have put a large list on this thread.
http://3dhit.co.uk/i...mp;#entry219071

Best of luck
Neil
A picture from the kind of tests you may be asked to do.
Posted Image

Edited by LittleClaude, 28 September 2011 - 10:50 AM.

babala

babala

• 19 posts
Thanks,lolooooo gonna try one of the online test. I will absolutely add some showcards at the start , keep worrying the tank stuff can not be seen because of the showreel is too long

LittleClaude

LittleClaude

Uber Poster

• 6,265 posts
Thinking about it............. why don't you just finish your tank with some nice surface transfer rather then making an asset.

Have you used Xnormal it would be perfect for the job? http://eat3d.com/free/xnormal_overview

P.S. have you seen this?

http://www.3dtotal.c...?...ter&id=4863

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk