generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Kendal's Showreel Progress Thread

• You cannot reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
I am currently working on two models, one hard surface and the other character. Probably lots of critism involved when i finally show them on here.
The other two bits for the showreel will be from the film, and will also most likely be hardsurface. Not sure what the models will be yet though.

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
Hi everyone,
finally i am posting on my enemy :)

But i want all crit before i start making changes to my showreel pieces and start wasting time rendering again- ugh, without editing mistakes- which is what seems to be happening lately.

My first piece that i had made isn't worthy of this post and i am deciding to scrap it and make something new. so instead of three bits at the moment, i am back down to two.
my two showreel pieces so far are based for the my film at the moment, so they are quite stylised or at least they should be!

sooo... any advice or crit you have, tell me as id like to work on them

Thanks in advance :)

Posted Image

This was low poly, and because of that the shadows came out gammy, particuarly for the turn around. Also im scrapping the turntable thingy

Posted Image

And the above just some renders, didnt want to make the same mistake of rendering for ages, and then having to re do it.
i know about the flame, dont really know how to do that one...
and i know its well dark.
crit away.

Edited by BlackRaven, 15 November 2011 - 07:39 PM.

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,436 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
The well needs more fill light so we can see into the shadows, and the room interior needs some fill from the right so we can tell where one end of the table is and where the side begins if you see what I mean. The well roof needs ridge tiles to run along the very top of the roof (the peak).

Regarding book binding, Bibliodyssey has a few interesting images
http://bibliodyssey....ookbinding.html
Posted Image

But this might be too flash for your inn :)

Here's a French 18th century binding

Posted Image

and another

Posted Image

also in black :)

Posted Image

Also there is a flickr set that might be worth a trawl http://www.flickr.co...N24/pool/page4/ although most of the books are 19th century or younger.

Nitin

Nitin

• 154 posts
  • Wii Number:no
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:no
Martin these books reference images are really good!! And good going Kendel. Bit more lighting will create the scene more dramatic, try playing with colour correction.

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
Okay ill get on the lights as soon as possible. and ill update the books more so too.
i had totally forgotten about the top of the well roof too, ill get on that aswell, i knew i had to model somthing else! :)

Thanks

oh yeah does any one know how to make a good believeable flame? for the oil lamp model, and im thinking of using more for a future piece??

:)

Edited by BlackRaven, 16 November 2011 - 05:31 PM.

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
So i made changes to the books, if you can tell :)

i did add a light aswell to make it less dark this end, not sure if it worked mind

and i didn't know how to make a flame, i tried hard and failed. so this is literally a plane with a flame on it.

any better?

Posted Image

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
Posted Image

Moid

Moid

• 14,436 posts
Much better, well done. I've just thought of a good candle flame tutorial in 3dsmax. In the
LRC is a book called Deconstructing the Elements by Pete Draper. It has an excellent candle flame in 3d effect in it.

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
Thanks Martin,
ill have a look at that :)

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
I updated the well; gave it the roof thing, and i boosted the colours of the tiles. didnt want to go too crazy on that though.
and a fill light has been added,

other improvements?

Posted Image

I need to sort my bump out on the rocks, and im going to alter the lighting so it looks a bit warmer too, more so like my previous render

Edited by BlackRaven, 21 November 2011 - 12:00 AM.

Snuffles

Snuffles

Show me those Curves!

• 1,177 posts
I really like this, I have already said :)

Definitely improved, there is some slight blurring on the roof tiles, don't know if you can sharpen those up a bit? It's the texture looking slightly cloudy...

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
Probably looks like im just posting the same image over again...
I sharpened the tiles several times and this was the result, i think it was becasue when i made the texture for this i did alot of gaussian bluring any way :)
i prefer the lighting on this one and i tried to bring the bump back on the rocks, not sure if it is an improvement or not.

Posted Image

Snuffles

Snuffles

Show me those Curves!

• 1,177 posts
Already much better! Lovely lighting too.

In terms of the tile texture, you could try picking out some details with a darker colour and a thin brush? It all depends if you want them more defined or not of course, could be just me :)

Love the bucket btw! It deserves some love too!

Edited by Snuffles, 21 November 2011 - 10:36 AM.

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
Okay, ill try that. its going in the film right so if you want something changed then thats how its gunna be,

For now i need to egt on with the next showreel bits, but i will get it done :)

Moid

Moid

• 14,436 posts
If the texture is rendering blurred but is sharp in Photoshop, go into the bitmap parameters, find blur (default value 1.0) and lower it to 0.3 or less. This version is the best yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk