generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Kendal's Showreel Progress Thread

• You cannot reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic

Chunkified

Chunkified

CHUNKIFIED

• 4,398 posts
  • Company: Prime Focus World
Lovely good so far...
All the scale is lost the moment you put it on a turntable... :) looks like a miniature.

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
Right i did a quick test with the blur that you suggestted and turned it down to 0.3, i cant personally tell the difference...which most likely means its my horrible texture doing it? sorry for the shoddy renders :/
Posted Image

Also, im having a real fight with trying to look at that book for the flame tutorial, ive been to the lrc, and supposadly its a electronic resource, ive logged into athens and the VPN thing too, and its only allowing me to see a preview, which doesn't entirely help :D
is there any other tutorial i can look at?

oh also, in regard to the turntable, im not a fan of it myself, what would you suggest?

Edited by BlackRaven, 22 November 2011 - 12:46 PM.

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,357 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
Hmmmm there might be something illuminating in your PM inbox :D

As to the shader, to me the colours of the tiles are a very soft gradient, whereas roof tiles (especially old ones) often have a variety of colour on them (this might however not be what you want) and also lichen and other stains

Posted Image

Can you bring the file in and I'll try to look at it tomorrow in class?

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
I tried to adjust the colouring of the tiles somewhat, i did it a bit too much and it looked naff, so i turned it down.
as for the roofy mould bits, lichen, im not sure.....?

Posted Image

rob_otics

rob_otics

Rob

• 995 posts
  • Company: Rocksteady.Ltd
Freaking awesome work man.... love the cartoony style and the texturing suits it perfectly. The last image of the indoor scene with the book in the foreground looked almost like a concept (which is a good thing) big up.

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
ahh thanks man, theyve taken long enough :happy:

Chunkified

Chunkified

CHUNKIFIED

• 4,398 posts
  • Company: Prime Focus World

oh also, in regard to the turntable, im not a fan of it myself, what would you suggest?

Sorry... just saw your reply...
How you've got it in the post above is perfect :happy:
if you're going to use them in a showreel as individual elements.... Have them in a similar setting you'd see them (matte paint, slap comp, or diorama...)... or how you've displayed them above... or with something else in the scene so that anyone view gets a sense of scale.
Looking very good though :)

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
okay thanks :happy:
ill bear that in mind next time, thankyou.

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
So this is the third showreel piece, technically the forth, but i need to miraculously work to redo the forth as a new piece.
any way...its pretty dogde tbh. ive still got to do straw on the bottom and that, but this was a rush job. :)

Posted Image

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts

Kendal Dean_showreel_December_WIP from Kendal Dean on Vimeo.

Im not actually happy with this...dont be too harsh, im only a girl :)

DMilligan

DMilligan

• 670 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Yodaflame
  • Company: Student
Real nice reel Kendal, solid stuff!

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
Thanks, still got to re-work it somewhat.
Really like your frontage by the way :)

AdamOstridge

AdamOstridge

• 548 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:UberPsyX
Awesome work, I love the boat! Really nice lighting too, looking forward to seeing more :)

BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• 42 posts
ah thanks man. lol i think the boats my worst one :)
but i was going to model a whole environment for it, didnt have enough time, i started it..its just lurking on my desktop right now. If i get time, i will complete the whole thing hopefully.

Thanks

Snuffles

Snuffles

Show me those Curves!

• 1,177 posts
The only thing i can crit is the camera movements. Be careful with too much sharp changes in direction. I can help you out with the camera animation if you want?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk