generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

David Nicholls - Work thread (yr1)

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
86 replies to this topic

shriken

shriken

• 243 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Shriken
This is where I'll post all my first year work and progress through the projects given in assignments. First up is the podracer project. I started by deciding to make an F1 styled cockpit and a more traditional podracer engine. I mocked up a VERY crude montage in photoshop. I know it looks awful but it was to get my head in order :D.

Posted Image

After that I started modeling, changed up the design somewhat to make it in my opinion better. I am still not happy with the cockpit and I may completely redesign it, I also may continue detailing since we were given no tri limits. so here they are; Crits are welcomed :blink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Right that's everything so far. Hope to hear some feedback!

AdamOstridge

AdamOstridge

• 548 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:UberPsyX
Really nice so far, significantly better than mine! :D Reminded me of this which you might like:

AlexSpeed

AlexSpeed

Spood

• 572 posts
  • Wii Number:N/A
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:N/A
  • Company: N/A
woah, some nice modelling here! I think it would look better with 2 engines instead of 4 personally, still good job :D

Alcatraz

Alcatraz

Junior Environment Artist

• 1,170 posts

• Work Thread

• Company: The Chinese Room
Fantastic modeling mate! Really awesome. I do agree with Alex though, 2 engines should be enough, try and render it with 2 and see how it looks like :D

kull222

kull222

Hahaha...Men!

• 1,971 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:kull222
4 is overkill, some nice modelling tho.

kaz

kaz

• 692 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Psn - KHS_kAzA
woah veh nice! agree with everyone else though, 4 is a bit much

Iconic Drei

Iconic Drei

Andrei

• 244 posts

• Work Thread

• Company: Foster + Partners
Woah. Really nice work, all it needs is one of my Pacmen sitting in the pod/cockpit..... lol :D

Edited by Iconic Drei, 09 October 2011 - 02:10 PM.

shriken

shriken

• 243 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Shriken
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I made some quick alterations as you all seemed to agree I had overkilled it :D. The engines are now a little larger but there is only 2 of them, as for the pod I have smoothed it out a little and changed the shape very slightly. I will hopefully add some more detail when I have time.

Posted Image

DigitalSalmon

DigitalSalmon

3D Y3 | DigiSalmon

• 958 posts

• Work Thread

Looking good (: You would afford some more poly smoothing on your final render, but its looking really great already! The pod is very Formula 1, but I guess that makes alot of sense :D Keep it up!

Timek9

Timek9

Modeling & Texturing TD

• 1,124 posts

• Work Thread

• Company: MPC
ye, what's the poly count? might be able to afford a few more edge loops and subD surfaces? would be awesome. or even a maya round corners node (ask the lecturers).

AlexSpeed

AlexSpeed

Spood

• 572 posts
  • Wii Number:N/A
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:N/A
  • Company: N/A
Much better :)

Alex

Alex

Uber Poster

• 1,149 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:lordsarum
i love the engines, but i don't think f1 cockpit is working for this pod, maybe try to come up with something more original like u did with the engines? but its really good start for a first project. and i agree with tim, could try add some more edge loops on the corners to make it even better,

Edited by Alex, 10 October 2011 - 03:15 PM.

Jestersheepy

Jestersheepy

Third Year

• 547 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Jester sheepy

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I made some quick alterations as you all seemed to agree I had overkilled it :) . The engines are now a little larger but there is only 2 of them, as for the pod I have smoothed it out a little and changed the shape very slightly. I will hopefully add some more detail when I have time.

Posted Image

Front part of the engines look low fidelity compared to the back, simple bevel/extrusions with very clear polygons showing. Where as compared with the rear (Tehe), which looks much more complex and higher fidelity. Why not throw some more polygons at it.
I slightly agree with Alex too about the cockpit, but I do like the design, I would say replace the front part of the pod (The 2 front wings) with something else... Like intakes or mini jets or something.

Also keep in mind F1 cars are designed to stick to the ground... This thing is floating..

Edited by Jestersheepy, 10 October 2011 - 03:26 PM.

joshuacurtis

joshuacurtis

Alumni - Effects Technical Director

• 610 posts
  • Company: The Mill

i love the engines, but i don't think f1 cockpit is working for this pod, maybe try to come up with something more original like u did with the engines? but its really good start for a first project. and i agree with tim, could try add some more edge loops on the corners to make it even better,

More of an advanced crit because your modelling looks good but its the on the cockpit and the engines. But I do agree with Alex that the aesthetics don't match.

Murderdoll

Murderdoll

Gap Year

• 454 posts
I find it fine! I said it to joshuacurtis previously, and I will write it here - the podracers in Episode I arent all following their own design patterns... I mean... Most of them look like they are put together out of junkyard parts. So.... Josh could be partially right, but still, don't make it like it's produced by Apple, being all in the same colour and shape...
I hope you got my idea.

And some design critique - put something around the cylindrical front part of the engines, just to break the circular shape. You already did with those flaps on the sides, but I personally think it needs a bit more :)
Overall, great work so far! Keep it up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk