generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

"Sansara" - 3rd year VFX short

• You cannot reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic

Sphoenix

Sphoenix

Burim/vfx

• 169 posts
Thanks dude, yeh we're going for realism / amazing eye candy (as Mario puts it). Because the story won't have any characters for now, it's going to stay between realistic and CG, but with emphasis on real world scale and lighting.

Aldarion

Aldarion

It's a me, Mario.

• 3,991 posts
  • Company: A whole bunch of them by now.
Lets see some more, all the other effects etc. There's still time, but not that much :D
How are you going to render stuff ? Thinking of perhaps using some point renderer for the particles ?

What about shading of the fluids, comp tests, etc etc.
Would be godo to see all the members of your team posting up what they're working on,
so that problematic areas can be spotted and dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Don't make the mistake of allocationg 90% of yoru time to R&D, and never getting to actually produce
any watchable content !

Stay on top of things, make a tight schedule and stick to it, and you'll do more than fine :D

Edited by Aldarion, 21 December 2011 - 10:21 PM.

Sphoenix

Sphoenix

Burim/vfx

• 169 posts

Stay on top of things, make a tight schedule and stick to it, and you'll do more than fine :D

Which is exactly what we're doing :D

I know you'd like to see more, we're just putting a lot of our time into showreels as they weren't up to scratch. The technical folder is being built and I know there's not a whole load of 3D just yet, but we'll be posting updates through the holidays.

Aldarion

Aldarion

It's a me, Mario.

• 3,991 posts
Looking forward to it. Do make sure you post up your reels as well :D

curlytops

curlytops

• 116 posts
okeeyy guys we're re-designing our previs and we're now having:
A static shot to start, showing the grenade entering through the window. The start of this shot is realtime and halfway through it it becomes slow motion so keep that in mind.
The rest of the film is now one long shot showing the ivy growth around the room & the slowmotion transformation (which is depicted here in stages by some bad looking geo- dont let it freak you out)

We've got a few versions of each shot that we've put together into two vids that we'd like feedback on..

shot_01 versions x3

Shot_02 versions x4

let us know if you have a fave/general crit.

Sphoenix

Sphoenix

Burim/vfx

• 169 posts
Also, this is a previs version of the ivy process and how it will fit into the new timing.

Video below shows the growth animated along the curves, I've used quite a lot of them to add variation, but might add more if it looks too spacious. None of the attributes apart from timing have been keyed. (I'll begin to key the previous attributes once previs is locked down). Any feedback on how this looks from a fresh pair of eyes would be great.

DigitalSalmon

DigitalSalmon

3D Y3 | DigiSalmon

• 920 posts

• Work Thread

Shot02, I like the first one, with the camera in line with the grenade, moving with it. Gives a nicer sense of movement when the camera isnt changing its target direction, just changing its position. Plus is allows the viewer to focus much better on the grenade, as i'm assuming the background will have a fairly strong DoF in that shot.

Just a first years opinion :)

UpGrAdE

UpGrAdE

As you think, so shall you become.

• 474 posts
Shot_01 version 3: I like the best because the object of interest in this case the grenade gets nice and close to the screen but not directly in front of the camera which would be a bit boring.

Shot_02 version 3: This is the best shot out of the four because it gives you the opportunity to show off the quality of your render of the grenade and it also has the best framing to keep the audiences interest focused on the grenade.

Hope this helps :)

curlytops

curlytops

• 116 posts
cool thanks
we're making more changes so they'll be up soonish along with lighting ideas &things

Sphoenix

Sphoenix

Burim/vfx

• 169 posts
I've been modelling the room recently, below you can see a few snapshots from Mudbox.

The 'squeezed' geo around the rule-of-third parts of the room are UV issues, which I'm going to sort out. Main area the camera will focus on will be the window, below it, floorboard, and left wall. This week I'm texturing different versions of the room, so will post updates for that as they come along.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,207 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
Never cut a window partly through a brick - look at the lower left corner of the window - you make the window the size of however many bricks you don't put in the wall at that point :)

curlytops

curlytops

• 116 posts
Well spotted Martin, i'll let Burim know if he hasn't noticed already.

Meanwhile, new previs

It's yet to include the new revised positioning of the ivy growth, which may now start from a crack in the brick right behind the grenade as it begins changing; It's been suggested that it might make a bit more sense to connect the grenade transformation/room transformation visually in that way

Aldarion

Aldarion

It's a me, Mario.

• 3,991 posts
Let's see some renders :)

spider black

spider black

• 624 posts
  • Wii Number:spider black
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:spider black x
  • Company: Dynamic CG
Grenade looks quiet low res so far. if this is your hero object in you short then shouldn't you model it with higher accuracy and higher texture res. do you have reference for this grenade or is this like a concept. off course if you this is just an early wip then ignore my comment.

previz looks good so far but it is quiet short. it would be nice if you can pull out to reveal the whole enviroment transformed into ivy etc.

Aldarion

Aldarion

It's a me, Mario.

• 3,991 posts
I guess staring at reference a bit more could help, break it down to small parts, and concentrate on making every section identical to the real thing.

The different material properties, the surface structure, artefacts from the manufacturing process, surface variation caused by handling of the grenade,
the hole from which the pin was released, all those little things.

Just for illustration :

http://www.toptenz.n.../04/grenade.jpg
http://upload.wikime.../20/MkII_07.JPG
http://greatlakesvoi.../07/grenade.jpg

Note that these are more worn etc cause they're old, they don't really use grenades like that anymore, I think.
Probs best to get ColonelMoore or some other gun loony on here to tell you about that.

Edited by Aldarion, 22 February 2012 - 10:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk