generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

SpeedPainting Society

• You cannot reply to this topic
395 replies to this topic

plasmax

plasmax

What did the five fingers say to the face?

• 775 posts
  • Company: Rise FX
Welcome to a new Student Union Society - Speedpainting

WHEN - 5:15-6:30pm Every Friday

WHAT - Weekly hour session of speedpainting in the labs.

WHY - Practice and fun - plus a chance to steal everyone else's techniques.

WHO - Everyone!

Do I have to sign up? - Nope. Just come along and join us.

-I'll be providing wacom pens in the labs, though you can attend this event from home. I ran the same activity online with a few friends back in 2008 and found it hugely beneficial and enjoyable. (I've posted a couple of examples from those sessions at the end of this post, one is from a concept artist friend of mine who now works at a high end studio. Try and guess which is which, haha.)

Here's how it works:

> We have a HUGE library of environment, character, creature and industrial reference. Every week We'll pick two from each category and post them up in this thread. Naturally reference suggestions will be welcome!

> Each session will last roughly one hour divided up into two 20 minute sketch sessions with two 10 minute breaks to walk around, share techniques and brushes, have a good laugh at the guy who did his in Paint, et cetera. The idea is to relax and take your mind off whatever you're working on temporarily in order to get a massive creative boost.

> Medium does not matter, though we suggest Photoshop, Painter or Sketchbook Pro to take maximum advantage of their speed. Anything from Pencils to Crayons to Mudbox (for the brave) to Zbrush (for the mighty). If you can sketch in Maya then go for it but you might only end up with a box. (:
Keep hitting that Ctrl+S!

> Results will [optionally] be posted on 3Dhit! I will be posting mine irrespective of how crap they are, so don't be nervous. All years, courses & skill levels are welcome!

> All the above are guidelines and not rules - feel free to diverge from the reference, use custom brushes, use textures, paint a castle, a zeppelin or a hitler moustache into your painting, go nuts! You can get so much out of this - creative expansion, texture practice, colour practice, composition, stylised reality, lighting practice, portfolio material, ideas for your current projects, etc!
I find that the best way to get the most out of this exercise is to use a simple photoshop brush (chalk brush <3) and try and guess the colours rather
than sampling them off the image, but this is only a suggestion for the hardcore.

> In the labs, we'll use the projectors to show off some of the ref pics. You may want to log onto the computer next to yours so you can chuck the ref on there too - (dual screen FWT)!

So that's it! We'm open to suggestions for when the session should be held, this will be easier once the schedules are handed out. I'm aware that many of you commute to London, so how about 5:15-6:15pm so you can get home on time (and so that you have enough time to grab a snack after lectures.)

We look forward to seeing you there!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by LittleClaude, 28 November 2011 - 10:20 PM.

Alcatraz

Alcatraz

Hector Mateo - Junior Environment Artist

• 1,190 posts

• Work Thread

• Company: The Chinese Room
I'm in! Great idea, we'll ;earn so much from it!

(Adam and Elyse say so too)

Spaceman360

Spaceman360

• 664 posts
hey guys, im also helping out for these sessions too so if you need more info gimme a shout. I will be there tonight and I will be able to teach students how to really mess with photoshop and brushes and thingies :) :). I highly recommend this!! Practicing with creativity is just as important as learning the technicalities. The better the imagination, the better the concept and the only way to make the creativity better is to practice in your mind and on paper!! Come along! and see how it goes :) :) :)

Sasha

Sasha

• 215 posts

• Work Thread

can you change the times and move them by an forward hour, I'll be in lecture at the current time.

Edited by Sasha, 03 November 2011 - 03:08 PM.

LoomingTowerOfAwesomeness

LoomingTowerOfAwesomeness

The 'Massive' One

• 454 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:OneWingedAngel3
I'm the secretary :) welcome painters :)

Vick

Vick

Victor Gaza

• 1,094 posts

• Work Thread

Fantstic idea guys srsly mad mad props ! I will be joining you`z today :) Looking forward to meet some enthusiastic speedpainters :) WOHO !
Plasmax, great job dude, absolutely awesome :)

EDIT: UMM WHAT ROOM ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BE IN AS I`VE NO IDEA WHERE THE LABS ARE ? 1st floor of the wooden builind ? any particular room ?

Edited by Vick, 03 November 2011 - 03:28 PM.

AdamOstridge

AdamOstridge

• 549 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:UberPsyX
Almost forgot about this, you PM'd me about it in August so I'm definitely coming! If possible a different time/day would be better in future as first years have seminar stuff till 6:30 but I can come this week anyway. :)

Edited by AdamOstridge, 03 November 2011 - 04:16 PM.

SuperMario

SuperMario

• 516 posts

• Work Thread

Would love to join, but dont want to miss seminars :) Wednesday or Friday would be great..Are you guys totaly set for thursday only? Or even at 6.30 thursday

Edited by SuperMario, 03 November 2011 - 04:29 PM.

bcottage

bcottage

Ben Cottage - Environment Artist

• 769 posts
half if not all of the first years have leactures at these times :)

Sounds brillant tho, i would be there in a heartbeat if you moved it forward a hour or change days?

Liam

Liam

I See You Checking Out My Curves

• 697 posts

• Work Thread

time and place is good for second years most likely since we only have this and next week lectures 5-6 on thursday

SuperMario

SuperMario

• 516 posts

• Work Thread

First years need it more! :) second years know this stuff

kaz

kaz

• 701 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Psn - KHS_kAzA
none of the first years can go =[ its during MHC time

Vick

Vick

Victor Gaza

• 1,094 posts

• Work Thread

ummm where's the lab thing tho ?

kaz

kaz

• 701 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Psn - KHS_kAzA

ummm where's the lab thing tho ?

2nd floor FMM

Mr_syco

Mr_syco

• 193 posts
I'll take part from home, expect some hilarity ensuing. Brand new tablet user here. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk