generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

A Brush With A Bee: 3rd Year Film: Joa & Katie

• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,207 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
I think those eyebrows are way too bushy - they jump out at you! Also watch the square edged shapes of them as well. Maybe thin the fur density out a little?

kull222

kull222

Hahaha...Men!

• 1,971 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:kull222
wooooooooooo joa those eyebrows mate!!!!!!

your probs maybe going for something similar to this:
http://www.visualpho..._bushy_eyebrows

but even then I think that is too much, tone it down to maybe more:
http://1.bp.blogspot...brows-7-big.jpg
(more so like his "our-left" eyebrow).

zanFB

zanFB

Moderators

• 827 posts
i dont mind the size and shape of the eyebrows. definitely unique :D just the fur/hair is too thick on them? i mean the wifdth of the individual hairs

Groen-mier

Groen-mier

Joachim Malan

• 343 posts
  • Wii Number:none
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:none
  • Company: Frontier Developemnts
Will have a play with the eye brows. See if I can tone it down a bit. However here is the BEE

Posted Image

kull222

kull222

Hahaha...Men!

• 1,971 posts
wheres the stinger? ;)

JaredSmith

JaredSmith

3rd Year

• 76 posts
the bee looks too smooth? should be a bit fuzzy/fluffy?

AdamOstridge

AdamOstridge

• 543 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:UberPsyX
Great work so far, really looking forward to seeing the finished film. One thing that slightly bugs me (pun not intended!) is the bee looks pretty strange. For starters it's missing a pair of legs, the body seems too elongated and the head doesn't seem to lend itself to the style of the rest of the project. This is just my opinion, so don't worry about it if you like what you have but personally I think it might work better like one of the examples below. Really liking the story and main character though, keep it up! :)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

zanFB

zanFB

Moderators

• 827 posts
yep, my thoughts exactly. no offence but the bee looks more like an alien than a bee. i think it is mostly the snout. but yeah definitely agree with the stinger idea!

Groen-mier

Groen-mier

Joachim Malan

• 343 posts
  • Wii Number:none
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:none
  • Company: Frontier Developemnts
Got a little stinger lolooooo

We tried to make him fluffy. Struggled to make it look good and render in a usable speed or look.

Posted Image

Will probably in a while put the bee into the scene with the painter and then play with it. To make sure the bee fits nicely into its environment.

Thanks for the feedback :) :) :)

joshuacurtis

joshuacurtis

Alumni - Effects Technical Director

• 607 posts
  • Company: The Mill
I agree with Zan I like the eyebrows but at moment it looks a bit like coral as each hair is to thick. Just make it denser should make them look a lot nicer.

kull222

kull222

Hahaha...Men!

• 1,971 posts
ahhh joa this made me want to play to try and get a bumble bee shader. couldnt get it to wrok the first version was to put anicely edited falloff gradient in the cutout map of the object and have the material with back faceing on, looked soft and stuff but not really fuzzy? keeps its alpha channell and stuff all nice tho which i suppsoe is cool oh well was worth a shot, tried putting a nice noise modifer in the black colour of that falloff shader to get soem fuzzyness it didnt work too great, but its kinda cool in that if you use this falloff shader as mask for a blurred version of your diffuse it alsmo makes it look more soft oh i dunno wa worth ago enough rabbling on.

Kiyam

Kiyam

Need more practice

• 416 posts
bushy brows need to be toned down. What style are you gonig for the bee? Its rather strange at the moment because it is hard to decide what kind of character/personality it has got from just looking at it. Is it meant to cunning? cute? evil? mature? xD I think the style and proportion should be nailed first. Head also should have a prominent shape, the eyes look rather moldy and melted o.o
AdamOstridge's reference is good material

Edited by Kiyam, 06 March 2012 - 03:50 AM.

jonjon

jonjon

• 56 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:jayjonborbon
so far I'd say the film looks good but I feel the is a little creepy, the sculpy model you've done is cute but in 3d he just doesn't come across as cute. I think the nostrils on him aren't needed and they just add to the creepy look

Imber

Imber

Trusted Member

• 308 posts

• Work Thread

Really looking forward to seeing this film, nice work so far! I have to say i agree with jonjon but i guess it depends on how you want the bee to look like. Also the render farm in up and running so you could try and make him fluffy again because you can render alot faster now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk