generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

A Brush With A Bee: 3rd Year Film: Joa & Katie

• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

Squirrel!!

Squirrel!!

• 83 posts
  • Company: Guerrilla Games Cambridge
Attached File  FrontPage3DHIT.jpg   203.69KB   7 downloads

Hi, This our third year film thread.

The story is one about an old struggling painter who gets hassled by a bee. It is set in a quaint English Town Square in the early morning. After the painter sets up, he is about the start painting when he notices a bee shivering on his beloved canvas, he flicks the bee away - for nothing must distract him from his art! and in doing so he sets in motion a chain of events that will alter their lives forever.

Here's our current previs.

We are currently working on blocking out both the environment and the animation.

Joa is modelling for the film and I am animating.

Groen-mier

Groen-mier

Joachim Malan

• 343 posts
  • Wii Number:none
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:none
  • Company: Frontier Developemnts
Here is a teaser of the painter.

Attached File  Face_sculpt.jpg   126.48KB   3 downloads
Still busy with the chap essentially he needs to be textured. Really enjoyed sculpting the face. Had a random night where I stayed up really late (for no reason) and did all the detailing. Was fun :D

Attached File  3dpretty.jpg   41.31KB   1 downloads

Started playing with the SSS shader. Still needs lots off tlc so any crits are welcome!

Attached File  Rig.jpg   58.46KB   3 downloads
But the modelling and uv's are done. I spend a few days rigging the painter, giving the painter to Katie (to test) and fixing the bug list. So the rig seems to be good and working now.

Edited by Groen-mier, 31 January 2012 - 11:48 PM.

Liam

Liam

I See You Checking Out My Curves

• 697 posts

• Work Thread

looks nice :D good combo of skills can imagine will be a good film.

just a quick question (kinda wanted to know for our film also) how many polys is your proxy, and did you just do a final then decimate it / use lowest sub or did u create it then save out a lower version earlier on?

and are those gimbal controls? (if they are im so jealous :D)

Edited by Liam, 31 January 2012 - 11:58 PM.

Squirrel!!

Squirrel!!

• 83 posts
Here's our little bee made from Sculpy.
Attached File  Bee.jpg   18.59KB   2 downloads

If you are curious about our preproduction check out our Preproduction Portfolio < :D

Edited by Squirrel!!, 31 January 2012 - 11:59 PM.

Groen-mier

Groen-mier

Joachim Malan

• 343 posts
Thanks man.

Yes for the proxy I just used the lowest subD and cut the thing up. But it really just need to represent the space and silhouette of the character. So I don't think it matters how you get there: probably the way that is quickest so you can move on to more fun things.

kull222

kull222

Hahaha...Men!

• 1,971 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:kull222
looks really good guyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kiyam

Kiyam

Need more practice

• 419 posts
loving the skin shader. Story looks short and sweet. Would love to see it finished :D Good luck ^_^

Groen-mier

Groen-mier

Joachim Malan

• 343 posts
Just a quick update. Starting to model the building in the background of the film. Trying to spend a maximum of 1 day per building. The idea Being that in a week or two I shall have an basic modelled environment. But any comments and suggestions are naturally welcome.

The townhall:

The camera is as close as one will ever get to it.

Attached File  town09.jpg   253.36KB   3 downloads

The pub:

The pub will be right behind the character in some shots. However. I need to be careful not to make the background so busy that the character gets overwhelmed.
Fire away with those crits . I know there is a lot of knowledge on pubs floating around 3dhit :D

Attached File  Pub04.jpg   216.46KB   2 downloads

Gamebred

Gamebred

• 226 posts
this looks like its gunna turn out rele good and funny, love the short story idea and cant wait to see it when its finished, keep up the good work :D

Squirrel!!

Squirrel!!

• 83 posts
Here's some of the animations I've been doing the rough blocking on :)
That last one is a tricky one. It's the shot right at the end of the animation when he is thanking the crowd as they take photos etc. It might just be that I havent done the inbetween of the two poses but I dont really think it's working at the moment so any advis/c&c would be much appreciated!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

zanFB

zanFB

Moderators

• 834 posts
in the last one you dont really need to move the foot. if you want to try doing it after he shifts the weight to the other leg. right now the foot slides when there is still weight on it. which makes him look like hes floating. also yeah a breakdown or whatever you want to call it between the poses would help i think. hope that makes sense. also the knee in the first shot needs sorting out. keep it up. should turn out nice :)

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,469 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
In the first one he fells like he's gliding along a little, like he weighs nothing - is he picking up his feet and also rotating his pelvis a bit? In the second one should he shake his head quickly so that you have some variation in movement speed (all other movements are really slow). Number three is too early for me to work out what to say and I agree with Zan for number 4. Good to see the work :D

Squirrel!!

Squirrel!!

• 83 posts
Thanks for your comments and advice guys. I'll definitely take a look at the weight and things in 1, n 2 definitely needs some variety in there and I'll try and jazz up 4 a bit more to make it seem more natural, maybe its not necessary, like you say, to move the foot, can just be a shift in weight. It would probably look nicer in such a short shot to have it more like that.
Cheers.

Squirrel!!

Squirrel!!

• 83 posts
Hi,

Here's the Alpha version of our film:

The main feedback seems to be to speed up the animation and tighten the edits down which I can agree with :) More to come soon...

Groen-mier

Groen-mier

Joachim Malan

• 343 posts
Here is a bit of an update for the head. Still things to fix. But spend most of the day trying to get the hair to render without problems.
Posted Image

Edited by Groen-mier, 25 February 2012 - 10:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk