generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Creative Assembly - Uni talk - 25th April

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic

marks

marks

• 228 posts
  • Company: Creative Assembly
http://www.creative-assembly.co.uk/

I'll be coming down to the uni at some point inf the near(ish) future to do a talk and stuff .. Neil pretty much gave me a free reign on what to talk about, but if you guys have any suggestions or anything you specifically want me to talk about, let me know and I will try to include it. At the moment I'm thinking its mostly going to be general industry / breaking in / environment art focused.

Edited by LittleClaude, 18 March 2012 - 12:43 AM.

maxdoherty

maxdoherty

max doherty

• 480 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:lastrathalos
breaking in to the industry sounds like a great topic : ) a comparison of what course work at uni compared to work you do at a company would be nice.

plasmax

plasmax

What did the five fingers say to the face?

• 775 posts
  • Company: Rise FX
A bit of how your company hires graduates/artists would go down very nicely alongside lots of environment art stuff would be cool. It's rare that we get to see actual 3D scenes at talks, if you could expand a bit on your methods, inspirations, general day-to-day workflow that would be great. :D

Edited by plasmax, 01 February 2012 - 01:12 PM.

ColonelMoore

ColonelMoore

• 631 posts
  • Company: The Creative Assembly
Yeah, I'd like to hear about how your working week is. How are you assigned tasks, what tasks you are given, how long you would be expected to complete certain things in, etc etc, would be good.

Aldarion

Aldarion

It's a me, Mario.

• 4,121 posts
  • Company: Lola
<rant>
Tell them to up their game & get off their lazy asses.
Tell them no one cares about their grades, and unless they can deliver top notch quality stuff, they'll be moving back to mom and dad.
And working in Tesco.

Tell them THEY are responsible for their own futures - not the uni, not the lecturers, not the outsourcing.

And make it sound nice and exciting and invigorating rather than patronising :D
</rant>

marks

marks

• 228 posts

And make it sound nice and exciting and invigorating rather than patronising :D

I'll try, no promises :D

I was going to cover all of that anyway though yeah. And more.

Imber

Imber

Trusted Member

• 325 posts

• Work Thread

+1 to what Aldarion said! I am a first year but i do understand this and have done for sometime. There are alot of people that are mostly concerned about grades though. What year will you be doing the talk to? is it open to the first years or ?

marks

marks

• 228 posts
I have no idea, Neil said something about opening it up to all years I think, but best to ask him.

Edited by marks, 01 February 2012 - 08:19 PM.

dee

dee

Env Artist

• 482 posts

• Work Thread

I have a few questions:

Marks could you tell us what was the hardest part of breaking into the industry?
What was the first job you were given?
What kind of expectations did the employers had for you?
How did your first task go? Did you feel any stress?
What kind of skills did you develop during professional work experience?
Did you have to multi-task? If yes, how were you able to manage your time?

Tell us a little about your workflow. What software do you use? What tools or software could you not live without?
How do you stay on your toes and keep up-to-date on current design trends and tech?
What would you consider to be your dream project?
Are there any new and exciting projects that you are currently working on that you would like to share?
What advice would you give to anyone looking to make it in the video game industry?

If you could pick and answer a few I'd be more than glad to hear! :D

Popbot

Popbot

Uber Poster

• 2,140 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Space Squid 3D
You could even mention your interview, like what questions were you asked, how should you conduct yourself and what things to mention that will paint you in a good light.

marks

marks

• 228 posts
Good suggestions so far, keep them coming :D

kull222

kull222

Hahaha...Men!

• 1,971 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:kull222
What Mario said, +99999999999999999999999999999999999999

Alcatraz

Alcatraz

Hector Mateo - Junior Environment Artist

• 1,190 posts

• Work Thread

• Company: The Chinese Room

Yeah, I'd like to hear about how your working week is. How are you assigned tasks, what tasks you are given, how long you would be expected to complete certain things in, etc etc, would be good.

I would like to hear that too, how a week beggins, what tasks etc. Canīt wait for this talk, any ideas when itīs going to be?

Liam

Liam

I See You Checking Out My Curves

• 697 posts

• Work Thread

seems some good topics posted her for 2nd and 3rd years hopefully they can be covered as they would help us lots :D

Jestersheepy

Jestersheepy

Woopy Wooperson

• 568 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Jester sheepy
  • Company: The Creative Assembly

seems some good topics posted her for 2nd and 3rd years hopefully they can be covered as they would help us lots :D

And 1st year! The most important ofc... >: D

Interested to hear what ya talk about mark, very interested in creative assembly as a whole! Not only are most of these suggestions great, I am quite curious as to your life outside of the industry, how much does this career effect your personal life?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
buy antibiotics online uk