generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Year 2 3D Film, The Last Great White Hunter

• You cannot reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic

HellblazerJJ

HellblazerJJ

• 216 posts
The Last Great White Hunter

Theodore Hick's and Jason Jackson's second year film.

Our story tells the tale of a young colonial boy and a spiritual Witch Doctor and how through vivid and surreal visions the doctor changes the course of the boy's life out in the African plains.

The boy with a passion for hunting and an unpleasant character, looks up to his father a respected hunter, seen in the painting opening. The Sangoma (witch doctor) is a druid type character caring for and helping animals whenever he can. They meet when the boy having stolen his fathers hunting gear strikes down a young daiker the Sangoma has just healed from other ailments.

Disgusted and enraged by the boys actions the Sangoma sneaks up on the boy while he inspects the striken baby buck and sends him into a trance in which his character is challanged. First the boy is intrigued by his new surroundings a surreal animal graveyard. He aims his rifle at the floating spectres of his four legged prey and trys to shoot, it is then he drops his rifle terrified to find his hands have been replaced by hooves. The visions escalate and he is chased by the sillouette of a hunter, the hunter becoming the prey. The boy then runs into a giant replica of the painting in shot 1, where a wilderbeast stands in his fathers hunting gear aiming his blunderbuss at the boy.

Through these visions the boy is forced to emphasise with the animals he terrorises and learns the error of his ways.

The story ends with the boy having grown up to be a nature loving conservationist with a beautiful wife and many animal friends, explained through a third iteration of the painting on the wall.

http://vimeo.com/36369266

Edited by HellblazerJJ, 07 February 2012 - 09:52 PM.

HellblazerJJ

HellblazerJJ

• 216 posts
Theo's boy front and side and witchdoctor early concept

Attached File  KidConept.jpg   94.39KB   3 downloads

Attached File  WitchDocConcept.jpg   85.18KB   2 downloads

Attached File  cloud_concept.jpg   126.05KB   1 downloads

Attached File  gun_concept.jpg   120.36KB   3 downloads

Attached File  sky_concept.jpg   135.72KB   2 downloads

Edited by HellblazerJJ, 07 February 2012 - 09:51 PM.

HellblazerJJ

HellblazerJJ

• 216 posts
Tomorrow we will be testing a few shots to see how possible it might be to render parts of the dream sequence's set and environment in live action paper, light and cardboard as inspired by this cool music video ->
:)

is this a really bad idea or a really good one?

Attached File  papertrancespiration.jpg   411.99KB   1 downloads

Edited by HellblazerJJ, 07 February 2012 - 10:02 PM.

HellblazerJJ

HellblazerJJ

• 216 posts
This is a new edit of the live action, would really appreciate any crit or comment before we take this live action footage into the 3D visualisation stage, after which editing will require a lot more work.http://vimeo.com/36520478

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,208 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
If you're going to blend paper cut out animation with your 3D animation, do a test very early on to check you can get the look / feel you want... if not, there's always paper textures and some paper SSS / translucency shaders to be made and do it in 3D :D I think the idea could be very cool, if you can light the real paper well, and shoot it so it doesn't look like low budget student stop motion film...

Dumpduck

Dumpduck

Trusted Member

• 373 posts
Theo you remind me of Van Pelt from Jumanji, 0:34 into your live action edit :D

Posted Image

HellblazerJJ

HellblazerJJ

• 216 posts
That paper world test is still coming martin theo should have it up tonight.

In the meantime here is the wireframe of the boy's proxy mesh

Attached File  boy_proxy_mesh.jpg   276.57KB   16 downloads

a concept theo did for the witch doctors staff

Attached File  staff_concept.jpg   164.25KB   16 downloads

and here are some tests I've been doing trying to find a interesting way to render the eyes of our characters while giving a bit more control over the pupil and iris than a normal rig and some experiments with non-euclidean geometry for the dream sequence (I think it might be a little ambitious and so will discontinue my research into non-euclidean geo for this project.)

http://vimeo.com/37039730

also for a little while I was considering swapping the zebra duiker (the animal the boy was to shoot initially) with a baby owl, because it might be easier to model and animate but it started to bring up some confusion when trying to incorporate it into the story. Would appreciate any advice as I will have to start modeling one or the other as soon as I have the proxy for the witch doctor down.

Attached File  duiker_concept.jpg   296.67KB   16 downloads

Attached File  owl_concept.jpg   268.33KB   12 downloads

http://vimeo.com/36835063

also here is our animatic and latest live action clip, things have continued to change but we think we are fairly happy with the way things are now and don't intend to make any majour changes, but we shall see.

Edited by HellblazerJJ, 19 February 2012 - 01:55 PM.

zanFB

zanFB

Moderators

• 827 posts
dude i dont think the owl would be much easier than the zebra duiker (lol at name :D) also the duiker fits better with the african theme imo. nice to see you guys working hard :D

HellblazerJJ

HellblazerJJ

• 216 posts
Thanks for the advice zan, your the 3rd person whos said they dont think it fits with the location. Will go with the Duiker to avoid any confusion.

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,208 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire

Hmmm hope the above works, it's the Supinfocom animation with the crazy dream sequence I keep talking about. I think the duiker should stay too :)

Edited by Moid, 20 February 2012 - 10:16 PM.

theohicks

theohicks

theo

• 52 posts
haha tks thomas :) Just an update weve handed in our 3 lighting concepts, here they are with an attempt to incorporate the suggested changes.... Also i included some shot compositions throughout the story, not for lighting but just so we can decide what we need in each shot when it comes time, something we can add and take away from hopefully.

Attached Files

theohicks

theohicks

theo

• 52 posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/2kn4gvM4EDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmmm hope the above works, it's the Supinfocom animation with the crazy dream sequence I keep talking about. I think the duiker should stay too :)

Thats amazing! hopefully we can make our dream sequence as exiting and dynamic as that one. here are some tests i did in maya, looks kinda boring so were taking another approach and were going to try to film some backgrounds and have aspects of the lighting change or incorporate real smoke perhaps

Attached Files

HellblazerJJ

HellblazerJJ

• 216 posts
very interesting dream sequence very lively.

proxy mesh for the duiker

Attached File  duiker.jpg   326.8KB   30 downloads

the basemesh for the witch doctors staff

Attached File  staffproxy.jpg   148.04KB   29 downloads

colour and lighting concept for the witchdoctors establishing shot

Attached File  desertanimalfind.jpg   361.19KB   21 downloads

very rough lighting concept

Attached File  secondPaintingshot.jpg   268.84KB   15 downloads

forgot to upload this a while back but this is the asset list,

Attached File  assets_01.jpg   260.69KB   8 downloads

Attached File  assets_02.jpg   261.82KB   13 downloads

Start of my character turn around render

Attached File  character_turnarounds_002_4.jpg   188.23KB   19 downloads

Attached File  assets_03.jpg   310.39KB   12 downloads

and here is an early iteration of sound for the film, nothing final and only really progress made on the first third

zanFB

zanFB

Moderators

• 827 posts
nice one guys!

HellblazerJJ

HellblazerJJ

• 216 posts

character turn arounds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk