generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Portfolio Feedback - Application for Games Art Sept 2012

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

stanley

stanley

Stanley

• 166 posts

• Work Thread

Hi guys ,

I am currently applying for 3d Games Art at UH. I would love some critique and feedback on the stuff i am planning to show.

I am really hoping these work will suffice for the interview as i dont have much time to prepare new materials.
Working full time and trying to churn out portfolio worthy materials is very tough.

http://silverchariot.cghub.com/

Any feedback is deeply appreciated.
Thank you for your time

Stan.

denty

denty

TOM!

• 1,210 posts
  • Company: Wilma
I think you will get in :)

You would push your car piece more the model is really good try render it more realistic and give it a background etc...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also take a look at this tutorial for ideas

http://www.3dtotal.c...25#.TzUUFLFmLgc

rob_otics

rob_otics

Rob

• 995 posts
  • Company: Rocksteady.Ltd
Hey Stan

first of all, welcome to 3Dhit posting work here for feedback in general whether you are on the course or not is a good idea. It's a pretty small crowd, but some serious talent. Anyway, about the portfolio, no doubt in my mind you will get in if you have the qualifications (grades) to back it up. I would even potentially ask to go directly into the first year, (but i think you need to be offered it first haha). You have demonstrated skills in all the key areas and you use maya, which is very handy.

Best of luck to you stan.

rob

tom, i was just looking at this, like seconds ago, i thought 3dtotal had leaked into 3dhit.

stanley

stanley

Stanley

• 166 posts

• Work Thread

@Denty - Hey dude, woah thanks =D .. i hope so too. Thanks for linking the tutorials, i will take a look at them and see if i put it to use =D

@rob_otics - Thank you for the kind words. I am actually still waiting for the interview ... kinda intimidated and excited at the same time ...

kingoskings

kingoskings

• 244 posts
Mate try to avoid cliches like orcs, elves and other saturated stuff. Is better to focus on lifedrawing and basic ideas if u wanna apply for first year.

Popbot

Popbot

Uber Poster

• 2,140 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Space Squid 3D
You easily have the best drawing skills of any applicant i've seen so far, so it's pretty much granted you'll get it. The models look good in terms of their execution, but stylistically (as someone mentioned) they are cliche, and I think you have a good design sense too, so let that dictate your models more.

stanley

stanley

Stanley

• 166 posts

• Work Thread

@kingoskings - If only i'd seen that part about the orcs in the email sooner lol. I couldnt agree more on the drawing stuff ... its the foundation of everything.

@Popbot - thanks for the analysis on my work. Saw some of your stuff on your blog, they are pretty darn cool ~ !!

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,355 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire

Hi guys ,

I am currently applying for 3d Games Art at UH. I would love some critique and feedback on the stuff i am planning to show.

I am really hoping these work will suffice for the interview as i dont have much time to prepare new materials.
Working full time and trying to churn out portfolio worthy materials is very tough.

http://silverchariot.cghub.com/

Any feedback is deeply appreciated.
Thank you for your time

Stan.

Excellent work Stan. I'm Martin, I'm one of the lecturers. Your portfolio is fine - I'm sure Neil (he runs Games Art) will be very happy to interview you :D If you have any questions regarding application / the course feel free to email me m.p.bowman@herts.ac.uk

stanley

stanley

Stanley

• 166 posts

• Work Thread

Hi Martin, thanks for taking out the time to look through my stuff. Am glad to know that its ok ... hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks
Stan

LittleClaude

LittleClaude

Uber Poster

• 6,203 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:LittleClaude
Hi Stanley

I am Neil Gallagher also one of the Lecturers and I look after the Games Art courses BA/MA. Great looking showreel, I am looking forward to meeting you.

I can see you becoming a great character artist. One tip for your showreel but you can do this over the next three years :) is to fix the camera pans. Have you seen the work off Darren Pattenden? notice just as the cameras are losing interest he cuts.

http://www.daz-art.com/reel.htm

P.S. have you got a date for an interview yet? if not I will go and push some buttons :)

Edited by LittleClaude, 14 February 2012 - 11:28 PM.

stanley

stanley

Stanley

• 166 posts

• Work Thread

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the kind comments lolooooo. I am looking forward to meeting you as well.

I like Darren Pattenden's camera work ~ ! Its a much better way of presentation. Thanks for the great reference.

Btw i am actually an international applicant, i think i sent in my application on the 7th of Feb ? My school (3dsense from Singapore) actually has a partnership with the University of Herfordshire for a direct degree programme so I am actually applying for 2nd year :). I haven't gotten any dates for the interview so any "buttons" pushed to expedite the process is very much appreciated ;) haha.

LittleClaude

LittleClaude

Uber Poster

• 6,203 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:LittleClaude
I see, give me an email if you have any problems - n.gallagher@herts.ac.uk

Edited by LittleClaude, 20 February 2012 - 09:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk