generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Major 3dhit upgrade - Feb 2012

* * * * * 4 votes

• You cannot reply to this topic
76 replies to this topic

Sol

Sol

arty/geeky

• 4,162 posts
  • Company: rewindfx.com
Hey everybody,
I have just completed a major upgraded 3dhit to the latest IPB Board, there are a million little improvements.
But the biggest are security and usability.

Needless to say upgrading a forum that has been running for over 10years with just under 1/4 a million posts took some will power and a nerves of steel.

Currently the Frontpage/Portal isn't working properly, very buggy. So will be disabled until I can get it solid.
The look and feel is still under development as well.

Please check and update your profile, avatar, sig, messages etc... as all this has been change to be more like a social netwrok.

I will add a full features list here in the coming few days.

Please look around use the new features and feedback here on new things you like.
I'm sure no one likes change, and any features you miss add here and I will see what can be done.

Jestersheepy

Jestersheepy

Third Year

• 545 posts

• Work Thread

• Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Jester sheepy
This is gonna get some getting used to :O
For the best I guess though, did love the old colour scheme and design though :)

darthzini

darthzini

The past is obdurate.

• 850 posts
There for sure are plenty of great new things, and I love the appearence, but did like the darker overall better :) I bet this will be great though, so massive thanks :)

Sol

Sol

arty/geeky

• 4,162 posts
noted about colour scheme, give it time there will be some adjustments to come.

Gheromo

Gheromo

• 505 posts
  • Company: Guerrilla Games Cambridge
I agree about color scheme, dark colors were better.

edit: after poking around and stuff, I think this change of 3dhit is really good and feels like what it should have been all this time.

Edited by Gheromo, 14 February 2012 - 03:34 AM.

Popbot

Popbot

Uber Poster

• 2,140 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Space Squid 3D
Yeah I agree with the colour thing. Also I think the recent posts should still dominate the right hand side. I just noticed it also doesnt update when theres a new reply, that worked really well in the old one. Also what's up with fronting, we not going do that anymore?

Edited by Popbot, 14 February 2012 - 03:40 AM.

Meteorkid

Meteorkid

Michael Hyman - Environment Artist / Level Design

• 258 posts

• Work Thread

• Wii Number:n/a
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:CarbonSnowMan
  • Company: student

Also what's up with fronting, we not going do that anymore?

Currently the Frontpage/Portal isn't working properly, very buggy. So will be disabled until I can get it solid.
The look and feel is still under development as well.

Also multiquote nice! i cant wait to see the front page, the site looks good, although i do agree it should be slightly darker. I will have fun exploring all the features =D.

Murderdoll

Murderdoll

Gap Year

• 454 posts
+1 for the colour scheme change. The board itself is nice, I like it, but that white background brings a lot of contrast, and instead of being a good "canvas" for looking at works, it just distracts. I guess for the same reason Maya, Mudbox, Zbrush, Mari etc. have dark interface(even Photoshop in CS6).

Sol

Sol

arty/geeky

• 4,162 posts
Dark interface. I'll get on that over the next few days.
Also side bar new posts, currently no portal installed so the front page is broken. But shall return.

Check out the search/view new buttons.

Also mobile web app works pretty nice :)

Murderdoll

Murderdoll

Gap Year

• 454 posts
I can't change my avatar, for some reason. it uploads, shows fine, like it's changed already... and if I go back to my profile or to the forums, it's the old one...

edit:

It just fixed itself... :D Maybe it takes time to renew the photo.

Edited by Murderdoll, 14 February 2012 - 04:48 AM.

Mr_syco

Mr_syco

• 185 posts
I agree with the dark interface being better. White irritates my eyes at 2am haha.

denty

denty

TOM!

• 1,190 posts
The old skin was pretty good. maybe try match the colours of the old skin or try match the template of http://uhanimation.co.uk/ ?

This reminds me of the cgsociety skin for April fool ;)

denty

denty

TOM!

• 1,190 posts
Also if you had the logo from the uhanimation website you could make it so when you click 3d,2d,games or vfx it takes you to that part of the forum :p

Posted Image

Murderdoll

Murderdoll

Gap Year

• 454 posts
I agree about the template matching. Or at least slap the uhanimation.co.uk background here.

Aldarion

Aldarion

It's a me, Mario.

• 3,989 posts
  • Company: A whole bunch of them by now.
+1 for dark scheme, otherwise great job Sol !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk