generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Mr Ming's Marvelous Mystery Shop

• You cannot reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic

unseatedsquid

unseatedsquid

• 35 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:UnsteatedSquid
Thought i should get into gear and post some stuff up here in the form of a blog. any crit is welcome standard.

For this we are putting together a short film about a young boy named Billy who takes up an extremely unconventional saturday job at a Chinese Mystery Shop. All Billy wants in life is 50" LED TV and the newest video games to feed that "addiction" of his, but he obviously doesn't read the small print in Mr Ming's contract as he is thrust into a whole new mysterious world.

www.mrmings.blogspot.com

Theres just some renders and a few paint-overs to get an idea of how its going to look in the end
I will be posting the alpha up in a few days when I'm completely happy with it, this should give you a better idea of the narrative
:)

Younha

Younha

• 33 posts
nice story, i look forward to your progress :) reminds me of the film "The Forbidden Kingdom" (when the boy enters the pawn shop)

1st thing i noticed is the old chinese man. the shoes hes wearing are Japanese Geta's. unless he is Japanese, this is what he should wear:

Posted Image

they are sorta like chinese plimsolls.

secondly i think your lanterns are too big. make them smaller and to make the environment more interesting, maybe add some paintings or scrolls to the walls?

Posted Image

hope that helps

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,456 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
Post the pictures on here when you update or nobody will see them. In the first image the wooden roof beams have wood grain going in one direction on the side and 90 degrees away on the bottom. The bump on the walls is really heavy - if you want the odd big dent, that's fine, but adjust the map in Photoshop so that most of the areas are a lot smoother. The floorboards are raised too high in places, and are a strange dimension. The floor seems very matt - are there any specular maps in there? The shelves with the cats on are really thick and unchamfered. The scene definitely needs some specular to show off a variety of materials. Did you get the dust shader in there yet?

I like the paint overs, there's a good sense of colour direction in them, definitely use them to light from :)

unseatedsquid

unseatedsquid

• 35 posts
cheers for the crit, will make sure Chris gets on with the environment fixes, as for the shoes I kinda liked him rocking the sandal and sock combo, but easily changed if not for the film for my reel, just because you never see his feet. :)

but anyway here's the alpha, any thoughts welcome:

Lost Artist

Lost Artist

Uber Poster

• 1,365 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:LostArtist89
  • Company: Rocksteady LTD
lovley renders so far

reminds me of the chinese shop from gremlins

sorry about the low res images, but you get the point and probably seen gremlins. if you havent, you probably havent lived :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

unseatedsquid

unseatedsquid

• 35 posts
haha yeh man that's the look we were going for
with a hint of Big Trouble in Little China

Posted Image

unseatedsquid

unseatedsquid

• 35 posts
hey guys here are some stills from our 'vertical slices' from the beta hand in. theres still work to do but any crits would be great:

Blog aswell: http://mrmings.blogspot.co.uk/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Moid

Moid

• 14,456 posts
The opening shot has a very high camera, check that with Steve... but the lit /comped scenes are looking great, MORE! :) Kevin noticed that the door to the scary room appears to open both ways in your animation....

Stuey1989

Stuey1989

• 45 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:gigfread
Stuart, the VFX supervisor on the project, thought i'd post up some progression of the monster for the film, it has been built using a combination of fluid and particle based effects in Maya which will be attached to the rig i have just completed (see below).
As always any crit and extra knowledge is appreciated :)

Edited by Stuey1989, 22 March 2012 - 02:29 PM.

Stuey1989

Stuey1989

• 45 posts
and heres the simple animation test of the rig :)

Edited by Stuey1989, 22 March 2012 - 02:31 PM.

kull222

kull222

Hahaha...Men!

• 1,971 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:kull222
the character shot of billy next to the shop has double shadowing. and also looks like the shadow is coming from a diffuerent light source.

unseatedsquid

unseatedsquid

• 35 posts
yeh noticed that the other day, probably left shadows on one of the fill lights. easily fixed!

Stuey1989

Stuey1989

• 45 posts
Just an update on current progress with Mr Ming's Monster:

Have attached smoke and fire effects to the rig,
Added shot scene with camera
Created some simple in shot test animation

Currently in progress:

Texturing the monster geometry,
Tweaking fire effect,
Re-Animating the rig

Moid

Moid

• 14,456 posts
Get that procedural texture on him :) Can you check to make sure it doesn't slide through the mesh when it animates? I don't know how to fix that in Maya though... (I do in Max if that helps and you have to render the mesh out separately)

Stuey1989

Stuey1989

• 45 posts
Just thought id post up some updates on monster progress as i seem to have been caught up in production and forgetting to post lol.

The video below is more progression into monster appear:

Have managed to freeze the moving procedural texture problem that Martin foresaw so its now mapped static to the rig,
Have remastered the fire to add more fine control of its ferocity and streamlined its render time,
Texture has been applied to eyes,
Rendering has been split out into passes to allow for compositing for different looks.

Next progression:
Fix composite to incorporate the mesh into particles rather than sitting on top,
Re-animate rig to fit to final shots (appear, lunge, disappear)
Create a disappear effect for final shot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk