generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Green Eyes Dev Thread & Blog

short film level 6 animation

• You cannot reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic

Snuffles

Snuffles

Show me those Curves!

• 1,177 posts
Posted Image

http://greeneyesmovie.tumblr.com/

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,207 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
Tell Jim I need a camera from the room with the fireplace in it (FBX 2010 format por favor)

If he fancies going even more fabulous on the lighting in those shots, a zdepth as a mask on the building to make it darker as it recedes would help to make it more 3D - it is a little flat and even toned at present. The yellow area is very lovely though :) It might make it a bit more scary? Might not be the mood you want in that shot? I'm not sure...

Snuffles

Snuffles

Show me those Curves!

• 1,177 posts
Hey Martin,
I will let Jimbo know, I already sorta spoke to him about lighting and depth because the moonlit shots were pretty even and you can see the side of the building as much as you can see the front that is lit by the window? And I figured that should be more in shadow. If that makes sense. I don't know what the term is but we need to get the light to receed? My english is broken today...

kull222

kull222

Hahaha...Men!

• 1,971 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:kull222
ill jump on that now martin i got distracted making the 360 night time sky for the film in nuke :D
and yeh i can darken the building as it gets deeper. at the moment the moonlight is emmting evenly agianst the two sides of building. i can just darken the one side in post. MIGHT have an image of it up by tommoz.

Steve

Steve

Uber Poster

• 3,027 posts
  • Company: Frontier Developments
Just had a look over your blog. It's looking awesome. I love the style and Jim (I assume) Is doing a great job with the lighting. I have absolutely no doubt that this is going to be a kick arse film. Though as an animator I want to see MOAR!

The romantic hand hold is nice and smooth with some good overlap etc etc. Though I'm a bit worried about the last pose. It seems really unnatural to me. Specifically, the index and middle finger on the top most hand. I don't have anyone to hand (pun.....intended?) to try it out on and I don't think my housemates will appreciate me trying it on them =p
Did you get this from reference? and if so, do you mind if I take a look?

Also, any chance of getting the animation in movs for more detailed feedback?
Also, I want that rig ;)

Snuffles

Snuffles

Show me those Curves!

• 1,177 posts
Hey Steve,

I will be posting WIPs in a amangable format here soon. As for the hand-hold that is actually copied from ref, we tried to make it super cheesy and I did in fact place my hand that way :D

As for the rig it's nothing special believe me it's actually an auto-rig with add-ons.

Steve

Steve

Uber Poster

• 3,027 posts
Awesome. Fair enough on the hand then I guess :) Though maybe curl the index finger a little less? It still looks a bit uncomfortable.
Also thanks for making me watch a horses bum wiggle over and over. No crits =p

Snuffles

Snuffles

Show me those Curves!

• 1,177 posts
I can officially use the phrase "My life revolves around horse butts wigglin..." that shot has been re-polished but opening Maya 2012(uni) in 2011 (home) messes up the curves due to the autotangent feature so I haven't rendered out playblasts yet :D

Steve

Steve

Uber Poster

• 3,027 posts
God I hate when that kind of nonsense happens. Faster! More animation!

Snuffles

Snuffles

Show me those Curves!

• 1,177 posts
In the meantime, Leo posted up 2 shots on the blog yesterday...

Steve

Steve

Uber Poster

• 3,027 posts
Cool, they're pretty short so it's kinda hard to crit much.
I don't know what the guy with that hat is holding but I assume it's worth him looking down at it. The movement is very fluid which is awesome but is he maybe bobbing side to side too much? I think that's probably just down to personal opinion and lack of other context.

The other shot is nice but watch out for the woman snapping as she slams the bucket down. I know it's heavy but at the minute it's a bit sharp. The bucket is ok to slam down but smooth out the torso a little more and give it a little more overlap. The head could really swing down delayed from her torso.
Also, keep an eye on the two guards, it looks like they'd be intersecting out of shot which normally would be fine to cheat but in this case you get the impression they'd be bumping in to each other. I know they need to be close to fit into shot properly so maybe have them staggered one in front of the other slightly. Again the bobbing backwards and forwards stands out to me but again that may just be personl preference.

Good work though. I'm pretty excited about seeing this finished now =]

Leo

Leo

I would like to animate please

• 199 posts
Cheers Steve, you picked out those little things I wasn't sure about, good to have some clarification there :)

Snuffles

Snuffles

Show me those Curves!

• 1,177 posts
Here are a number of shots I am working on, they vary from pretty finished to general direction and timing. I have combined some of them to avoid posting 6 separate movie files. Lovers at the window has no curves love and the rider leaving has a slight timing issue at the end.

http://dl.dropbox.co..._CleanUp_02.mov

http://dl.dropbox.co...t07_CleanUp.mov

http://dl.dropbox.co...t01_CleanUp.mov

Edit: Cannot seem to embed any more and too tired to look for the reason.

Edited by Snuffles, 26 March 2012 - 08:38 PM.

Steve

Steve

Uber Poster

• 3,027 posts
Shot01 looks fine to me. The horse is throwing me a bit. He looks like he spreading his back legs out a bit much when they land. I've got no experience with animating horses so you're probably right. But at the moment he (she?) looks like he (she??)s waddling a bit.

Shot07 looks good. Though I'd think about maybe leaving the first shot (where she's helping him up) a bit longer. Just so you can see her arm extend a bit more and tell what he's doing a bit clearer.
And just being a bit picky but he hair at the very end of the last shot snap back in towards her head a bit quick. I would have had it settle a bit more softly. Let it swing round in a slightly bigger arc.

On shot16 you're right about the timing. The guy is quite pose to pose in his head movement. He swing it round, rests, swings it up, rests. Maybe have it a bit smoother. I'm not sure if he'd be looking down after that first head turn anyway. Would he be more likely to be looking where he's going? Though I guess if he's brooding/thinking it might add to the feeling if he's "quietly comtemplating" sorta thing...If that's the case maybe have him keep his head down instead of levelling it up at the end.
The only other thing is the woman at the end seems to be quite bent over. Because of the camera angle as well it kinda makes her feel off balance. Try straightening her up just a little to it does look like she's gona fall out of the window.

In general it's looking awesome. You seem to be very good at getting in those subtle movements and not making it look dead. I'm not so good at that so I'm pretty jealous.

NEXT!

Edited by Steve, 27 March 2012 - 09:20 AM.

Aldarion

Aldarion

It's a me, Mario.

• 3,991 posts
  • Company: A whole bunch of them by now.
Dunno if this makes any sense, but it feels very sRGB.
When you project this in the auditorium, it will come out black.

I assume you're doing everything in linear, which sadly isn't how human eyes work,
so maybe if you pushed it more to a typical log look, you'd get something that feels less artificial.

Desaturate the highlights, lift the blacks a tiny bit and get a nice shoulder in their rolloff, etc.

I have too much spillight in here atm, but you certainly will want to play with the colours,
nights are nowhere near that blue. Check the Deathly Hallows 2 grade for awesome nights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk