generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Writing an Article on Showreels

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

josh

josh

Josh

• 624 posts

• Work Thread

• Company: MPC

I'm currently writing an article for a CG tutorial site on the do's and don'ts of Showreels and am lucky enough to have permission to ask the heads and other talented artists at MPC some questions regarding showreels.

If you have any questions you want me to ask just send them over and I’ll fit them in to the other ones that I have planned.

Edited by josh, 23 April 2014 - 07:35 PM.

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14,208 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire

Thanks for posting this Josh :)

Think people!

Actually I can think of a good one - when showing group project work, what format would they prefer to see the explanation of who did what in? So subtitles on the shot detailing the work of the individual student, or as a separate PDF accompanying the reel or some other idea?

Adam Tennant

Adam Tennant

Corpsetastic

• 1,459 posts

• Work Thread

Life drawing & photography. Yes or no?

DigitalSalmon

DigitalSalmon

3D Y3 | DigiSalmon

• 920 posts

• Work Thread

Expert in a single renderer, or reasonable work in multiple renderers.

I suppose if i'm running a VRay house, I'm looking for VRay in a showreel, or more than 1 renderer to show they can switch it up.

Aldarion

Aldarion

It's a me, Mario.

• 3,991 posts
  • Company: A whole bunch of them by now.

There's a few things I usually find annoying/unnecessary (and then do them myself anyway) :

Animated titles - yes or no ?

Music - yes or no ?

Render passes - yes or no ?

tinn

tinn

• 160 posts

Speaking of render passes, what do they want to see in breakdowns? So breakdowns for matte paintings, comping, 3D etc.

Cheers :)

zak_boxall

zak_boxall

• 249 posts

• Work Thread

This is probably an obvious one to ask. But what contact details? email, website. Is mobile number necessary?

pixel

pixel

1st year GA (lvl 4)

• 766 posts

• Work Thread

is it better to present still 2d work scrolling or flat on? not sure how to explain it but i did always wonder whats the best way to present it and if it should remain off showwheel and on the eportfolio insted

Adam Tennant

Adam Tennant

Corpsetastic

• 1,459 posts

• Work Thread

This is probably an obvious one to ask. But what contact details? email, website. Is mobile number necessary?

Don't put any phone numbers in showreels. That's for your CV, the one you send that is not the web version on your website that doesn't have it.

Email and website for showreel.

Edited by Adam Tennant, Yesterday, 04:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk